Mr. Mazzoli represents management in all areas of labor and employment law.
He counsels employers on complying with the law and minimizing litigation. When litigation does occur, he represents employers in federal and state courts, administrative proceedings and arbitrations.
Mr. Mazzoli has successfully obtained summary judgment for employers in several cases. In the area of traditional labor law, Mr. Mazzoli has helped non-union employers avoid unions and unionized employers manage their relationship with their unions, and he has represented employers before the National Labor Relations Board.
For two years, Mr. Mazzoli worked on-site at global Tier-1 automotive supplier Lear Corporation as its employment and labor relations counsel. In that capacity, Mr. Mazzoli advised Lear Corporation on all workplace law issues and managed its outside counsel and employment litigation.
Mr. Mazzoli has presented at seminars on various employment law topics. He provides onsite employment law training in areas such as sexual and other forms of illegal harassment, hiring and firing, and FMLA compliance. He has authored many articles for Bodman's employment newsletter.
Mr. Mazzoli is a member of the Human Resources Committee of the Michigan Bankers Association. He is listed in Michigan Super Lawyers 2017 under Employment & Labor and is listed as a 2018 “Top Lawyer” by DBusiness magazine. He was listed in Michigan Rising Stars 2008. He is fluent in Spanish.
Mr. Mazzoli is the author of "U.S. Supreme Court Approves Third Party Retaliation Claims" in Michigan Lawyers Weekly (March 28, 2011) and “Final Revisions to the White Collar Overtime Exemptions are Here (For Now)” in BSI Human Resources Bulletin (Michigan Bankers Association) June 2004.
Honors, Awards, and Recognition
- DBusiness Magazine "Top Lawyers" 2018
- Michigan Super Lawyers, 2010-2017
- "Rising Star," Michigan Super Lawyers, 2008
Civic, Cultural and Community Activities
- Michigan Bankers Association, Human Resources Committee
- Author, U.S. Supreme Court Approves Third Party Retaliation Claims, Michigan Lawyers Weekly (March 28, 2011)
- Author, Final Revisions to the White Collar Overtime Exemptions are Here (For Now), BSI Human Resources Bulletin (June 2004)
- 11/09/201765 Bodman Attorneys Named “Top Lawyers 2018” by DBusiness Magazine
- 10/26/2017WORKPLACE LAW LOWDOWN | California Will Bar Employers From Requesting Applicant Salary History
- 10/19/2017WORKPLACE LAW LOWDOWN | Employers Should Exercise Caution When Producing Employee Information
- 10/19/2017WORKPLACE LAW LOWDOWN | Failure to Accommodate a Breastfeeding Mother is Sex Discrimination
- 10/04/2017WORKPLACE LAW LOWDOWN | Seventh Circuit: ADA Is Not a Medical Leave Entitlement
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D.
- University of Michigan, with distinction, B.A.
- Oakland County Bar Association (OCBA)
- State Bar of Michigan