Danielle Lester is a senior associate in the Workplace Law Practice Group. She concentrates her practice in labor and employment law, exclusively representing management in the private and public sectors.
Ms. Lester practices in the areas of labor and employment law on behalf of private and public sector employers. She has extensive experience with representing employers in unfair labor practice charges before the National Labor Relations Board, negotiating Union contracts, advocating for employers in arbitrations, and advising employers on many day-to-day labor issues. She also has substantial experience in training employers on collective bargaining rights and obligations, such as Union requests for information, disciplinary issues, and Union security clauses. Drawing from her prior experience, Ms. Lester is particularly apt at maximizing solutions that protect business interests and labor relationships.
Ms. Lester also represents employers in litigation filed in both state and federal courts, as well as in administrative proceedings before tribunals such as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Michigan Department of Civil Rights, and the Ohio Civil Rights Commission. In addition to counseling employers on various employment matters, such as compliance with the Family and Medical Leave Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act, Ms. Lester has drafted and reviewed workplace rules, personnel policies, and employee handbooks.
Ms. Lester has been selected as a 2017 Michigan Super Lawyers “Rising Star.” Prior to joining Bodman, Ms. Lester worked on the labor relations staff of a large automotive company where she had responsibility for, among other things, National Labor Relations Board matters, arbitrations, and contract negotiations.
Ms. Lester currently serves as a Council member of the Labor and Employment Law Section of the State Bar of Michigan.
Honors, Awards, and Recognition
- "Rising Stars," Michigan Super Lawyers, 2017
- State Bar of Michigan
- Labor and Employment Law Section, Council Member, 2016-present
- 09/06/201750 Bodman Attorneys Listed in Michigan Super Lawyers 2017
- 09/01/2017WORKPLACE LAW LOWDOWN | BREAKING NEWS: Federal Court Rules DOL'S 2016 Overtime Rule is Invalid
- 08/31/2017WORKPLACE LAW LOWDOWN | Good News: OMB Suspends EEO-1 Pay Data Reporting Requirement
- 08/10/2017WORKPLACE LAW LOWDOWN | Massachusetts Medical Marijuana User's Disability Discrimination Claim Reinstated
- 07/27/2017WORKPLACE LAW LOWDOWN | DOL Seeks Public Input On Rules Governing FLSA Exemptions
- University of Maryland School of Law, J.D.
- Michigan State University, M.B.A.
- University of Michigan, B.A., with distinction
- State Bar of Michigan