Mr. Larsen is vice chair of Bodman's Executive Committee and a member of the firm's High Net Worth Practice Group.
He represents individual clients and financial institutions in the areas of estate planning, estate and trust administration, trust litigation, estate and gift tax, real estate transactions, the purchase, sale and lease of aircraft and watercraft, and closely-held business transactions and succession.
Mr. Larsen has been named 2016 "Lawyer of the Year" for Litigation- Trusts and Estates by The Best Lawyers in America. Mr. Larsen is listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2017 (for over ten years) under Trusts and Estates and Litigation-Trusts & Estates and listed in Michigan Super Lawyers 2006-2016 under Estate Planning & Probate. He is listed as a 2017 "Top Lawyer" by DBusiness magazine. He is AV® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
Honors, Awards, and Recognition
- The Best Lawyers in America 2016, Detroit "Lawyer of the Year" for Litigation- Trusts and Estates
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2003-2017, Litigation - Trusts and Estates
- DBusiness Magazine "Top Lawyers" 2009-2017
- Michigan Super Lawyers, 2006-2016
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent® Peer Rated for Highest Level of Professional Excellence; Endorsed for High Ethical Standing
Civic, Cultural and Community Activities
- Alma College, Trustee
- Matilda Wilson Fund, Trustee
- Detroit Crime Commission, Board of Directors
- Legal and Financial Network, Community Foundation for Southeast Michigan
- 04/21/2017EMPLOYEE BENEFITS SUMMARY REPORT | APRIL 21, 2017: Here's What You Need to Know in the World of Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation
- 03/20/2017EMPLOYEE BENEFITS SUMMARY REPORT | MARCH 20, 2017: Here's What You Need to Know in the World of Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation
- 01/27/2017Bodman Advises Art Van Elslander in Sale of Art Van, Inc.
- 11/17/201627 Bodman Attorneys named “Top Lawyers 2017” by DBusiness Magazine
- 09/01/201648 Bodman Attorneys Listed in Michigan Super Lawyers 2016
- Wake Forest University Law School, J.D., cum laude
- Alma College, B.A., cum laude
- Financial and Estate Planning Council of Metropolitan Detroit
- Detroit Bar Association (DBA)
- State Bar of Michigan