Mr. Scharg is a member of the Workplace Law Practice Group. He has more than 30 years of experience in the areas of labor law, construction labor law, employment discrimination and employee relations. He has represented employers in collective bargaining, contract arbitrations, 312 arbitrations, wrongful discharge, and discrimination claims.
Mr. Scharg has served as a member of the Governor’s Coalition on Workplace Drug Abuse and has conducted many seminars for management on wrongful discharge, employment discrimination, sexual harassment, handicap discrimination, workplace misconduct, employee relations, remaining union-free, contract negotiations, family leave, and substance abuse testing. Mr. Scharg also contributes articles to professional and business publications regarding employment law issues. He is a member of the Board of Directors of the Michigan Chamber of Commerce.
Before joining Bodman, Mr. Scharg was a partner at The Fishman Group, a nationally-recognized law firm that specialized in labor law, employment litigation, and employee relations matters, representing management in the private and public sectors.
Mr. Scharg serves on the Board of Directors of the Frankel Jewish Academy (FJA) in West Bloomfield. He is AV® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
Honors, Awards, and Recognition
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent® Peer Rated for Highest Level of Professional Excellence; Endorsed for High Ethical Standing
- DBusiness Magazine "Top Lawyers," 2010
Civic, Cultural and Community Activities
- Frankel Jewish Academy, Board of Directors
- Michigan Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors
- 09/01/2017WORKPLACE LAW LOWDOWN | BREAKING NEWS: Federal Court Rules DOL'S 2016 Overtime Rule is Invalid
- 08/31/2017WORKPLACE LAW LOWDOWN | Good News: OMB Suspends EEO-1 Pay Data Reporting Requirement
- 08/10/2017WORKPLACE LAW LOWDOWN | Massachusetts Medical Marijuana User's Disability Discrimination Claim Reinstated
- 07/27/2017WORKPLACE LAW LOWDOWN | DOL Seeks Public Input On Rules Governing FLSA Exemptions
- 07/13/2017WORKPLACE LAW LOWDOWN | DOL Posits Texas Court Erred in Ruling DOL Lacked Authority to Set Minimum Salary for Exempt Employees
- Wayne State University Law School, J.D., cum laude
- University of Michigan, B.A., with high distinction
- State Bar of Michigan