Mr. Bowen concentrates his practice in the area of general business law. He helps clients structure, negotiate, and document mergers, acquisitions, reorganizations, joint ventures, and other commercial transactions.
Mr. Bowen has extensive experience in the automotive industry where he counsels clients in all aspects of the manufacturing supply chain, including the quotation and purchase order process, general terms and conditions, supply agreements and disputes, equipment and tooling issues, bailment and consignment, warranty claims, and various other commercial issues. Mr. Bowen provides on-going general counsel support for a number of Tier 1 and Tier 2 automotive clients and has served in several on-site in-house counsel assignments with automotive suppliers during his career.
Mr. Bowen also represents clients in industries such as aviation, banking and financial services, communications and media, computing software and hardware, insurance, general merchandising, and general manufacturing.
Mr. Bowen serves on the Board of Trustees of Michigan Opera Theatre. He is a current director of Motor City Grounds Crew and a former director of Junior Achievement of Southeastern Michigan. He is a member of the Troy Chamber of Commerce and the Automation Alley Consortium. Mr. Bowen is listed in DBusiness magazine as a 2018 “Top Lawyer” and has earned past recognition by Michigan Super Lawyers as a Rising Star under Business/Corporate Law.
Honors, Awards, and Recognition
- DBusiness Magazine "Top Lawyers" 2011-2014, 2018
- "Rising Star," Michigan Super Lawyers, 2009-2012
Civic, Cultural and Community Activities
- Michigan Opera Theatre, Board of Trustees
- Motor City Grounds Crew, Director
- Troy Chamber of Commerce
- Automation Alley Consortium
- 11/09/201765 Bodman Attorneys Named “Top Lawyers 2018” by DBusiness Magazine
- 12/27/201363 Bodman Attorneys Named 'Top Lawyers 2014' by D Business Magazine
- 09/06/201253 Bodman Attorneys Listed in Michigan Super Lawyers 2012
- Wayne State University Law School, J.D., magna cum laude
- Wayne State University, B.A., summa cum laude
- American Bar Association
- Oakland County Bar Association (OCBA)
- State Bar of Michigan