Mr. Deason concentrates his practice in corporate and business law including corporate governance, finance, organization, mergers and acquisitions, and commercial transactions. He is an expert in local government law and served as a director and as president of the Michigan Association of Municipal Attorneys.
Mr. Deason has extensive experience in aviation law. He counsels individuals and corporations in the acquisition of private aircraft and represents the owner of a major fixed base operator of executive and corporate aircraft and its management company. He has also advised numerous purchasers of fractional interests in executive aircraft.
Mr. Deason has extensive commercial and legal experience involving core manufacturing and service industries, including operational as well as merger and acquisition counseling in automotive, banking, cement, data processing, enterprise software, firearms, general aviation, health care, paper and specialty chemical industries.
Mr. Deason serves or has served on many privately held corporate, nonprofit and educational boards. He is a member of the Law Board at Northwestern University Law School and a member of the External Advisory Committee to the Gerald R. Ford Institute for Public Policy and Service at Albion College. He is a former president of the Canada-U.S. Business Association, a former president of the American Heart Association — Grosse Pointe Division, and a former member of the audit committee of Bon Secours Hospital. He served on the boards of directors of Techform Products Limited and Kent-Gamebore Corporation.
Mr. Deason has been listed in The Best Lawyers in America under Corporate Law for more than ten consecutive years. He is listed as a 2015 Top Lawyer by DBusiness magazine. He is AV® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
Honors, Awards, and Recognition
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2003-2017, Corporate Law
- DBusiness Magazine "Top Lawyers" 2009-2013, 2015
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent® Peer Rated for Highest Level of Professional Excellence; Endorsed for High Ethical Standing
Civic, Cultural and Community Activities
- Northwestern University Law School, Law Board Member Albion College Gerald R. Ford Institute for Public Policy and Service, Visiting Committee
- 08/16/201642 Bodman Attorneys Named to 2017 Best Lawyers in America List
- 09/17/2015 Forty-eight Bodman Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2016
- 09/03/201446 Bodman Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2015
- 08/31/201245 Bodman Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2013
- Northwestern University Law School, J.D.
- Albion College, B.A.
- Detroit Bar Association (DBA)
- State Bar of Michigan