Ms. Paulson is Bodman's Pro Bono Counsel.
In this role, she manages the day to day operations of the Firm's award winning pro bono program, including intake, training, reporting, and promotion of the program both inside and outside of the firm. She also provides hundreds of hours per year of direct pro bono services to low-income individuals and the non-profit organizations that serve them, specializing in serving the legal needs of the homeless.
Ms. Paulson is a passionate advocate for pro bono service both inside Bodman and in the community and works cooperatively with lawyers from other firms to encourage and coordinate pro bono efforts on a regional basis.
Ms. Paulson is a member of the State Bar of Michigan’s Implementation and Innovation Steering Committee (IIS), which focuses on exploring and implementing innovations in legal education, regulation, and the delivery of legal services in Michigan. She has also been appointed to the Delivery Initiative on Access to Justice, the successor to the Pro Bono Initiative, on which she served for several years.
She also founded and serves as the Legal Coordinator for the Capuchin Legal Clinic, a bi-monthly clinic that provides legal consultations to guests of Capuchin Soup Kitchen, as well as the monthly “Ask the Lawyer” clinic at Crossroads of Michigan. She has served on the steering committees of the Pro Bono Council for the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan and Street Outreach Court Detroit.
Prior to joining Bodman, Ms. Paulson practiced litigation with Detroit-based law firms and worked as an adjunct professor at the University of Detroit Mercy School of Law.
- State Bar of Michigan
- Implementation and Innovation Steering Committee
- Delivery Initiative on Access to Justice
- Consistent Fee Waiver Workgroup
- Spring Pro Bono Workshop Workgroup
- Homeless Workgroup, Chair
- Association ofProBono Counsel
- Voting Rights Task Force
- Capuchin Legal Clinic, Legal Coordinator
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan's Pro Bono Council, Steering Committee
- Street Outreach Court Detroit, Steering Committee
- Panelist, "It's Not Easy Being Free: Risk in Pro Bono Representations," AON 2017 Law Firm Symposium, October 2017
- 08/29/2017Bodman Named to the 2017 State Bar of Michigan Pro Bono Circle of Excellence
- 05/09/2017PRO BONO PORTRAIT | Man Serving Life In Prison Granted Clemency
- 07/22/2016Bodman Named to the 2016 State Bar of Michigan Pro Bono Circle of Excellence
- 06/02/2014Super Lawyers Honors Bodman’s Pro Bono Program; Firm is One of Only Two Law Firms Recognized Nationally
- 12/04/2013Bodman PLC Named 'Law Firm of the Year' by Michigan Community Resources
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D.
- University of Michigan, B.A.
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Michigan