Ms. Paulson is Bodman's Pro Bono Counsel.
In this role, she manages the day to day operations of the Firm's award winning pro bono program, including intake, training, reporting, and promotion of the program both inside and outside of the firm. She also provides hundreds of hours per year of direct pro bono services to low-income individuals and the non-profit organizations that serve them, specializing in serving the legal needs of the homeless.
Ms. Paulson is a passionate advocate for pro bono service both inside Bodman and in the community and works cooperatively with lawyers from other firms to encourage and coordinate pro bono efforts on a regional basis.
Ms. Paulson is a member of the State Bar of Michigan’s Pro Bono Initiative (PBI), a standing committee that examines pro bono practices in the state and works to promote and encourage pro bono efforts on behalf of the members of the Bar. She chairs the PBI's Homeless Workgroup. she also founded and serves as the Legal Coordinator for the Capuchin Legal Clinic, a bi-monthly clinic that provides legal consultations to guests of Capuchin Soup Kitchen. Ms. Paulson is a member of the Association of Pro Bono Counsel, a national organization made up of full-time pro bono counsel and coordinators.
Prior to joining Bodman, Ms. Paulson practiced litigation with Detroit-based law firms and worked as an adjunct professor at the University of Detroit Mercy School of Law.
- State Bar of Michigan Pro Bono Initiative
- Capuchin Legal Clinic, Legal Coordinator
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan's Pro Bono Council, Steering Committee
- Street Outreach Court Detroit, Steering Committee
- 08/29/2017Bodman Named to the 2017 State Bar of Michigan Pro Bono Circle of Excellence
- 05/09/2017PRO BONO PORTRAIT | Man Serving Life In Prison Granted Clemency
- 07/22/2016Bodman Named to the 2016 State Bar of Michigan Pro Bono Circle of Excellence
- 06/02/2014Super Lawyers Honors Bodman’s Pro Bono Program; Firm is One of Only Two Law Firms Recognized Nationally
- 12/04/2013Bodman PLC Named 'Law Firm of the Year' by Michigan Community Resources
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D.
- University of Michigan, B.A.
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Michigan