Ms. Lentz concentrates her practice in representing high net worth individuals in estate planning, probate, and trusts. She regularly advises nonprofit and tax exempt organizations regarding obtaining and maintaining exempt status, corporate governance, and general operational issues.
Ms. Lentz has been named 2018 "Lawyer of the Year" for Trusts and Estates by The Best Lawyers in America. She is listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2008-2018 under Trusts and Estates and in Michigan Super Lawyers 2016 under Estate Planning & Probate. She is listed as a 2017 “Top Lawyer” by DBusiness magazine. She is AV® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell. She is a member of Inforum and a Fellow of the American College of Trusts and Estates Counsel.
Prior to joining Bodman, she was a partner at a large Detroit-based law firm before going into private practice.
Honors, Awards, and Recognition
- 2018 Detroit "Lawyer of the Year" for Trusts and Estates, The Best Lawyers in America
- 2016 Detroit "Lawyer of the Year" for Trusts and Estates, The Best Lawyers in America
- The Best Lawyers in America 2008-2018, Trusts and Estates
- Michigan Super Lawyers, 2011-2016
- DBusiness Magazine "Top Lawyer" 2013-2017
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent® Peer Rated for Highest Level of Professional Excellence; Endorsed for High Ethical Standing
Civic, Cultural and Community Activities
- American College of Trusts and Estates Counsel, Fellow
- Co-author, Predeath Planning: Lifetime Wealth and Health Fiduciaries chapter in MICHIGAN ESTATE PLANNING HANDBOOK, 3D EDITION (Kathleen Hogan Aguilar & Geoffrey R. Vernon, eds. Institute for Continuing Legal Education (ICLE) 2016).
- Author, Trustee Powers That Can Cause Tax Problems, Trusts and Estates (November 2008).
- Author, Basic Estate Tax Simplified, Michigan Probate and Estate Planning Journal (Spring 2008).
- Co-author, Estate Taxes and Their Impact on Your Business, Detroit Regional Chamber of Commerce Tips4Biz (January 5, 2006).
- Presenter, “Drafting for Changes in the Durable Power of Attorney Statute,” ICLE Seminar (January and February 2013)
- Presenter, "Michigan Trust Code," ICLE Seminar (April 2011)
- Co-Presenter, "Estate Planning in Times of Estate Tax Uncertainty: Your Two Hour Survival Guide," ICLE Seminar (March 2010)
- Presenter, "Tax Sensitive Trustee Powers," ICLE Seminar on Planning Techniques for the Taxable Estate (December 2009)
- Presenter, "Basic Estate Tax Simplified," 47th Annual Probate and Estate Planning Institute (May and June 2007)
- Presenter, "Tax Sensitive Trustee Powers," ICLE Seminar on Planning Techniques for the Taxable Estate (December 2004-2006)
- Presenter, "Succession and Estate Planning Track: Post-Mortem Tax Planning Challenges," 1st Annual Family & Closely Held Business Institute (November 2006)
- Presenter, "Fiduciary Tax Review," 46th Annual Probate and Estate Planning Institute (May and June 2006)
- Presenter, "Tax Considerations for Trusts," ICLE Seminar on Trust Administration Under EPIC (November 2000)
- Presenter, "Baby Boomers are Retiring and Planning for Distributions from IRAs and Qualified Plans and for 20% Withholding Rules," 1994-95 After Hours Tax Law Series
- Presenter, "Family Tax Planning with IRAs," 1993-94 After Hours Tax Law Series
- 08/18/2017Six Bodman Attorneys Named 2018 Lawyers of the Year by The Best Lawyers in America
- 08/15/201746 Bodman PLC Attorneys Named to 2018 Best Lawyers in America List
- 11/17/201627 Bodman Attorneys named “Top Lawyers 2017” by DBusiness Magazine
- 09/01/201648 Bodman Attorneys Listed in Michigan Super Lawyers 2016
- 08/16/201642 Bodman Attorneys Named to 2017 Best Lawyers in America List
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D., magna cum laude
- University of Michigan, B.A., with High Distinction
- Financial and Estate Planning Council of Metropolitan Detroit
- The Florida Bar
- State Bar of Michigan
- Women Lawyers Association of Michigan