Ms. Martinez is a member of the Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution Practice Group and the Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation Group. She primarily represents business clients in complex litigation matters.
Ms. Martinez has represented banks, insurance and financial service companies, OEMs, Tier-1 automotive suppliers, and telecommunications companies in a broad range of commercial and business disputes. She has also served as Assistant City Attorney for the City of Grosse Pointe Park, Michigan, prosecuting criminal misdemeanors.
Ms. Martinez is listed in Michigan Rising Stars 2017 under Business Litigation. She is a member of the Board of Advisors to the Boll Family YMCA. She volunteers as a mentor with VIP Mentoring, a Detroit-based nonprofit organization, and as a “313 in the D” Planning Committee Member and volunteer with Matrix Human Services. She is a member of Inforum and the Detroit Economic Club, as well as the Federal Bar Association, State Bar of Michigan, and Detroit Bar Association.
Ms. Martinez is a cum laude graduate of the University of Michigan Law School. While in law school, she worked as a summer clerk with Bodman and as a judicial intern for the Honorable Mark A. Goldsmith of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan. She was also the Managing Editor of the Michigan Journal of Environmental and Administrative Law and served on the board of a number of other student organizations, including the Women Law Students Association and the Public Benefits Advocacy Project. In addition, she was a member of the Environmental Law Society and a volunteer with the Michigan Environmental Crimes Project.
Honors, Awards, and Recognition
Michigan Rising Stars 2017, Business Litigation
Civic, Cultural, and Community Activities
- Boll Family YMCA, Member, Board of Advisors
- VIP Mentoring, Volunteer Mentor
- Matrix Human Services, Volunteer and Member, 313 in the D Planning Committee
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity, 2016 Pathfinder
- Inforum, Member
- Detroit Economic Club, Member
- Federal Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of Michigan, Member
- Detroit Bar Association, Member
- 01/19/2018Bodman Volunteers Spend Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Serving the Community
- 11/13/2017Bodman Lends a Hand at Matrix Human Services Harvest Fest
- 09/06/201750 Bodman Attorneys Listed in Michigan Super Lawyers 2017
- 04/21/2017EMPLOYEE BENEFITS SUMMARY REPORT | APRIL 21, 2017: Here's What You Need to Know in the World of Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation
- 03/20/2017EMPLOYEE BENEFITS SUMMARY REPORT | MARCH 20, 2017: Here's What You Need to Know in the World of Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D., cum laude
- University of Michigan, B.A., with high distinction, Phi Beta Kappa