Ms. Martinez is a member of the Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution Practice Group and the Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation Group. She primarily represents business clients in complex litigation matters.
Ms. Martinez is experienced in a wide-range of commercial and business disputes, representing banks, insurance and financial service companies, OEMs, Tier-1 automotive suppliers, and telecommunications companies. She has also served as Assistant City Attorney for the City of Grosse Pointe Park, Michigan, prosecuting criminal misdemeanors and enforcing the City Code. Michigan Lawyers Weekly has named Ms. Martinez to its 2018 Class of "Up and Coming Lawyers." She is recognized by Michigan Rising Stars 2017-2018 in Business Litigation and serves on the ICLE Litigation Advisory Board.
A resident of Detroit, Ms. Martinez is heavily invested in the community. She is a member of the Board of Advisors and 2019 Campaign Chair for the Boll Family YMCA, located in the heart of Downtown Detroit. She is also a Co-Chair of the Inforum Downtown Detroit Affinity Group, a networking group which engages businesses, companies, and organizations within the Detroit city limits. In addition, she volunteers with Matrix Human Services and is a mentor with VIP Mentoring, a Detroit-based nonprofit organization. She is also a member of the Detroit Economic Club, the Federal Bar Association, State Bar of Michigan, and Detroit Bar Association. In her spare time, she enjoys exploring new restaurants and playing recreational sports on Belle Isle.
Ms. Martinez is a cum laude graduate of the University of Michigan Law School. While in law school, she worked as a summer clerk with Bodman and as a judicial intern for the Honorable Mark A. Goldsmith of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan. She was the Managing Editor of the Michigan Journal of Environmental and Administrative Law and served on the board of a number of other student organizations, including the Women Law Students Association and the Public Benefits Advocacy Project. In addition, she was a member of the Environmental Law Society and a volunteer with the Michigan Environmental Crimes Project.
Honors, Awards, and Recognition
- Michigan Lawyers Weekly "Up and Coming Lawyers," 2018
- Michigan Rising Stars 2017-2018, Business Litigation
Civic, Cultural, and Community Activities
- Boll Family YMCA, Member, Board of Advisors
- Boll Family YMCA, 2019 Campaign Chair
- Inforum Downtown Detroit Affinity Group, Co-Chair
- ICLE, Member, Litigation Advisory Board
- VIP Mentoring, Volunteer Mentor
- Matrix Human Services, Volunteer
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity, 2016 Pathfinder
- Detroit Economic Club, Member
- Federal Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of Michigan, Member
- Detroit Bar Association, Member
- 01/19/2018Bodman Volunteers Spend Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Serving the Community
- 11/13/2017Bodman Lends a Hand at Matrix Human Services Harvest Fest
- 09/06/201750 Bodman Attorneys Listed in Michigan Super Lawyers 2017
- 04/21/2017EMPLOYEE BENEFITS SUMMARY REPORT | APRIL 21, 2017: Here's What You Need to Know in the World of Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation
- 03/20/2017EMPLOYEE BENEFITS SUMMARY REPORT | MARCH 20, 2017: Here's What You Need to Know in the World of Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D., cum laude
- University of Michigan, B.A., with high distinction, Phi Beta Kappa