Ms. Williams is a member of the Business Practice Group and the Emerging Companies and Venture Capital Team.
She represents clients in a variety of matters, including general business transactions, corporate governance, commercial contractual issues, mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, and debt and equity financing (private equity, venture capital, and angel investments).
Her expertise includes handling business formation (corporation, limited liability company, and partnership) and representation of hi-tech and other companies from inception through transactions involving intellectual property, venture capital financing, and ultimate sale. Ms. Williams is part of a Bodman team that has represented a significant number of the start-up and spin-off companies that have recently licensed technology from the University of Michigan.
Ms. Williams has advised both buyers and sellers in merger and acquisition transactions ranging in size from $100,000 to over $100 million involving businesses in the technology, professional services, software development, foundry, and general manufacturing industries, among others.
Ms. Williams also advises private and public companies regarding federal and state securities law matters and has represented clients in securities offerings, preparation of proxy statements, periodic reports, and ownership reports.
Ms. Williams is recognized as a "Rising Star" in Michigan Super Lawyers 2014 under Business Law. She has served as a member of the board of directors and chair of the governance committee of The Women’s Center of Southeastern Michigan, a nonprofit organization dedicated to emotional and economic self-determination for women, girls, and families since 2009.
Honors, Awards, and Recognition
- "Rising Star," Michigan Super Lawyers, 2014
Civic, Cultural and Community Activities
- The Women's Center of Southeastern Michigan, Board of Directors and Chair of the Governance Committee
- 09/06/2017HEALTH CARE LAW BULLETIN | What Does The "Mega Rule" Mean For Nursing Facilities?
- 06/01/2017HEALTH CARE LAW BULLETIN | MICHIGAN SUPREME COURT STRIPS HEALTHCARE PROVIDERS OF CAUSE OF ACTION AGAINST NO-FAULT INSURERS
- 03/30/2017HEALTH CARE LAW BULLETIN | NEW MICHIGAN LAW CHANGES THE WAY PHYSICIANS AND PHYSICIAN’S ASSISTANTS WORK TOGETHER
- 03/22/2017HEALTH CARE LAW BULLETIN | NEW MICHIGAN TELEHEALTH LAW TAKES EFFECT MARCH 29: Law Provides Guidance Where Current Law Falls Silent
- 10/12/2016CMS Updates Requirements for Long-Term Care Facilities
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D.
- University of Michigan, B.A.
- Michigan Venture Capital Association
- State Bar of Michigan